Amanda has over 20 years of experience coaching and inspiring others to further improve the quality of their health and wellbeing. She has worked in the fitness industry as a USA Swimming swim coach, American Council on Exercise personal trainer and group fitness instructor. She has also worked in mental health as a wilderness guide/behavioral health technician, activity therapist and as a yoga therapist.
Her Bachelor of Arts is in Outdoor Studies in which she focused on the therapeutic benefits of outdoor recreation. For her Masters of Arts Program, she studied holistic health, and her thesis was on developing holistic teaching methods; fully supporting others along their own unique path of personal growth.
Amanda is an avid outdoor recreation enthusiast and passionate about health and wellness. She holds professional certifications in both of these fields:
- Adventure Based Counseling through Project Adventure
- Level II Challenge Course Facilitator through the Association of Challenge Course Technology
- Top Rope Rock Climbing Guide through Professional Climbing Guides Institute (PCGI)
- Risk Management Training with the National Outdoor Leadership School
- Wilderness First Responder
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Substance Abuse Prevention Training
- Ayurveda (Holistic Health) Practitioner with the National Ayurveda Medical Association
- E-500 Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance
- Swift Water Rescue Technician
- Avalanche Assessment and Rescue, Level ll
- Basic Archery Instructor