Kim is an Alaska Native of Inupiaq and Alutiiq decent. She was born and raised in Anchorage and graduated at Alaska Pacific University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Outdoor Studies with a concentration in Adventure Therapy. Through her recent internship with Onward and Upward she has solidified her pursuit of continuing to strengthen and serve young people and nurture their relationship with nature and is excited to join the team. In her free time you can find her on the slopes snowboarding or on trail with her beloved dog Larry.
- Level I Challenge Course Facilitator through the Association of Challenge Course Technology
- Top Rop Rock Climbing Guide through Professional Climbing Guides Institute (PCGI)
- Avalanche Assessment and Rescue, Level ll
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Wilderness First Responder