Kevin started snowboarding and skating as soon as he could walk. Always seeking adventure and living in Billerica, Massachusetts his passion for the outdoors continued to grow when he started going on hiking excursions with his cousin throughout the east coast as well as exploring other outdoor activities.
Wanting to pursue his passion for outdoor recreation & education he moved to Alaska to attend Alaska Pacific University (APU). He recently graduated with a B.A. in Outdoor Studies and a minor in Psychology.
Before working at Onward & Upward, Kevin honed his skills working with youth through many volunteering hours with a recreational therapist organization. It was then that he realized that helping others through outdoor recreation had become his greatest passion and he decided to pursue it further. Along with his classes at APU, Kevin has also acquired professional certifications:
- Wilderness First Responder
- Avalanche Assessment and Rescue Level 1
- Level l & ll Challenge Course Facilitator and Rescue through the Association of Challenge Course Technology
- Level 1 American Canoe Association Certification
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Basic Archery Instructor